Monday, June 16, 2008

Is the world actually flat?

I do agree with Friedman’s assessment that the world is flat. And it is in the process of getting flatter even more. But before I venture totally into my affirmative answer I need to clarify that it’s relative to a certain extent. Yes, the world is flat and is getting flatter with each passing day, technology and communication wise. I ordered several of my books over ebay from a seller who is in Indonesia, something that would have been impossible even to think about just a couple of decades back. That does convince me that the world is flat. But when it comes to development of different countries, I think that the world isn’t flat, rather it’s round, round as it ever could be. Several countries in Africa are still in a dark age while we surf the Internet in the developed country communicating with somebody in another part of the world.

No comments: